Information for GPs
How to Admit a Patient
We accept referrals from local GPs, physicians, surgeons and allied health professionals.
Patients will need one of the following:
- Private health insurance
- DVA status
- Workcover or third party claim (pre-approval needed)
- Patients may also self-fund their visit.
The referring general practitioner needs to contact:
An accredited private specialist to arrange for admission of the patient
Call the hospital directly for assistance on 07 3883 9300
The admitting accredited private specialist will contact Peninsula Private Hospital, or Peninsula Private Hospital can contact an admitting accredited private specialist directly on your behalf.
Admission will be confirmed promptly by Peninsula Private Hospital staff.
Referrals to Rehabilitation Day Programs
- The referring general practitioner will need to contact an accredited specialist to arrange admission of the patient.
- The specialist will then contact Peninsula Private hospital on behalf of the referring doctor.
- Admission will then be confirmed promptyl by the staff at Peninsula Private Hospital.
DVA and most private health funds cover the Day Rehabilitation Program at Peninsula Private Hospital. A fund check will be completed prior to the patient’s sessions being booked to confirm eligibility.
A referral letter to Dr David Eckerman (Rehabilitation Physician) c/o Peninsula Private Hospital Day Rehabilitation is required before patients can commence the program.
Peninsula Private Hospital has also developed a referral form which can be sent via FAX or emailed to our Rehab team – click hereto download the referral form to be completed by a GP.